March 21, 2012

Calajanara Restaurant, Conca Azzurra Hotel, Amalfi Coast, Italy

While the weather has been improving, I'm somewhat impatient when it comes to the changing of the seasons, wishing I could wear my linen capris and espadrilles combi already! Thoughts of what I hope will be the summer to come automatically makes me think of my time in Italy last year and the places I have still to visit, leading to this post of the Calajanara Restaurant on the Amalfi Coast.


The Restaurant is part of the Conca Azzurra Hotel situated in a small fishing village on the Amalfi Coast - it has it's own private lido and is a mere 20 metres from an amazing cave, Grotta dello Smeraldo, which has on the floor an underwater nativity scene made from ceramics produced in the nearby town of Vietri.

The Calajanara has an amazing sun terrace used during the summer months, as seen above, with marvellous views of the coast and Capri and serves an variety of locally-sourced seafood and delights. Of special mention is the restaurant's olive oils, made from olives from trees on the grounds of the hotel.

Later inn the evening, guests can gather in the glass-roofed Winter Garden, enjoying an aperitif or leisurely after dinner-drink beneath the star specked sky. Smokers have the chance to indulge in a puff of the finest tobacco in the Cigar Bar. The perfect place in which to pick up that special souvenir or gift item, La Conca Azzurra's Art Shop Caffè stocks an exquisite selection of coral jewelry and artistic ceramics. I wish I had a chance to visit this restaurant on my travels, but that just gives me all the more reason to go back!

1 comment:

  1. what a nice view! I really like to feel the comfort of hotel amalfi, and one of these days i will surely go there, and i found this great site to start with. http://www.venere.com/it/italia/amalfi/

    ReplyDelete