April 30, 2012

Dansette Vintage Record Player


Oh my, I have been neglecting posting fabulous things to this blog - apologies all round! I have been busy  searching for and buying my first car after passing my driving test at the grand age of 30 and have been spending time crusing up and down Central Scotland trying to get to grips with Fergal, as I have called my lovely Toyota Aygo. Why Fergal? Well, it means "brave man" in gaelic, which is quite fitting if you saw my driving!


Anyway, back to all things fabulous - please find above a picture of my latest obsession, the Dansette Tempo Portable Record Player from the 60s. Scan through eBay and you'll find a good number of Dansette record players for sale, some cheap, some not-so-cheap, some working, some nothing more than a pile of parts - Dansette portable record players, if listed, are probably near the top of the pile in terms of desirability, with a few bids already placed for it. I began to want one of these badly after re-watching "Secret Diary of a Call Girl", where Belle has a retro record player in her house in Series 4, and since then and doinf my own research, one of these babies became top of my "NEED" list........I just can't wait to get out all my Dad's old 70s rock LPs to play on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment